I will start by saying that our experience of building a home with Sandlin was both disappointing and tremendously frustrating. We entered into a construction contract to build with Sandlin May 21st, 2012. Sandlin agreed to make reasonable efforts to make complete improvements and have residence ready for occupancy on or about October 15th, 2012. The original Project Manager failed to apply for a building permit until August 2012. After a series of additional oversights and errors by Sandlin, we finally received a certificate of occupancy on Feb 2nd, 2013, 3 ½ months late. We are now five months from that “completion” date, we still do not have cabinets repaired from installation damage, the garage floor is coming up in several places, the master bathroom shower tile grout is cracking in numerous places, the kitchen window is defective, we have not received keys to the exterior doors to the house due to our dispute of the pay per claim warranty. I have had to employee outside engineers and inspectors to evaluate the problems and recommend fixes. According to the independent engineer's report the cracks in the slab were caused by gross negligence in the delay in tensioning the foundation.

In addition to these items we have encountered a rash of quality issues that are simply shocking. Since moving in we have had a stream of water flowing from a light fixture on the ceiling due to an incorrectly installed AC drain, our entire plumbing system backed up and flooded the master bathroom and master closet due to a rag that was found in the sewer line.

Sandlin has refused to respond to my requests for basic information regarding the construction of our home including invoice details and emails between the three project managers who were employed at various times to oversee the construction of our home.

Review about: Sandlin Custom Homes House Construction.

Comments

Argyle, Texas, United States #821187

We also had a nightmare experience and are still having it. We are still trying to get items resolved from closing 9 months ago.

They fight you on everything and the construction supervisor lies and has no clue what he is doing.

If building in Argyle, try Plantation or David Weekly. Sandlin is a horror story of the worst kind.

We had the same experience and are suffering. I should have known during construction about major problems between what was promised by the sales team and the actual situation.

I sent a "certified letter" to Sandlin owners early in construction about my concerns, which they rejected receiving.

I should have walked away then...sorry we didn't.