Product: Sandlin Custom Homes Home Warranty Clear all filters (1 of 1 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:
Sandlin Custom Homes - Bad Builder bad warranty coverage!! Run!!!!!!
Well, Rhette Butler lied to me over and over again about my warranty on my home...kept making promises to fix things and sent his Workman in to fix a few doors and do some painting and he actually ruined a door that nothing was wrong with...ruined some doors that...

We bought a Sandlin Home and of course everyone was nice as can be. We went to closing and were told there would be a welcome package with warranty info etc, but the only thing in the envelope was a Sherwin Williams paint ad.

Ha! And we had to wait nearly 3 hours for them to deliver a set of keys to us. And when we got to the house they were showing it! No communication to the salespeople!

They lost a $14,000.+ check for our upgrades, mis-scheduled our closing and made things as difficult for us as possible. The builder/contractor for our house was Troy Carlisle. Very pleasant young man, but lacking in ethics. Said he would email instructions for changing our code on our key-less lock.

That was The first week of May. Not a peep. The noise from the vents has not been rectified and I know it will get worse as the wind picks up this winter. He claims it is an easy fix and he would have someone out to see to it.

Big fib. There were a few little things that he did have someone come see to and he also said we did not have to write everything down on our walkthrough. We are old school and took him at his word. Now we find for every warranty issue we have to send it to them in writing and have it approved.

I'm just glad that he roof that was blown off happened before we closed. It could still be wearing a big blue patch. Oh, one other thing, one outside wall was void of any insulation and we would have been clueless had we not had electrical issues that required the guy to take out the outlets and I could see inside the wall and took photos. It is still without insulation.If I were considering Sandlin for another house, I think I would have to pass.

I am just used to people's word being their bond. I guess in todays get all I can get world, that just does not apply.

Just think twice before using this company. ( Oh, they did send a beautiful floral arrangement, thanking us for our purchase and the warranty epartment sent a basket with goodies, some of which had been opened).

Review