Sandlin Custom Homes - Sandlin Homes is Dishonest---STAY AWAY!!!
My wife and I met with Sandlin Homes Build on Your Own Lot Program in early June 2012.They came across well, and the program seemed solid.
We were excited. A lot of house and amenities for the value. After getting several bids, we chose to go with Sandlin in late June 2012. We worked with Jerrod Goff.
He made continuous promises and commitments to us, but was never willing to put them in writing. Everytime we asked about things, he would lie and say he did not like to respond in writing because he was not a good writer. Mr. Goff, as a representative of Sandlin, even went so far as to explain to us that his job at Sandlin is to be a "professional BS-er." While I was taken back by the comment, he certainly lived up to it, and Sandlin supported him.
After months of my wife and I spending our time and energy, Mr. Goff still had not gotten us a contract. He blamed selection choices and his schedule on the delays, but from late June til early September, we were still unable to get Jerrod Goff to get us a final contract. We had lost 3 1/2 months to his lies.
He made so many promises to us, and simply told us to trust him, but he would never put in writing. After failing to get us a final contract or getting our permit turned in to the City (after his lies and emails saying it was done), we ended up letting them go. Alan Sladek, the VP, called me and said he wanted to earn our business. He seemed legitimate.
After my wife and I cooled down for a couple weeks, I took him up on the deal. He talked very smooth and promised he would "personally" handle things, but once again, he became uncomfortable putting the things that were promised to us in a written contract. After almost another week lost in working with Sandlin, he suddenly emails us out of the blue and says were the difficult ones, and he is not comfortable moving forward and that Sandlin did not wish to move forward. Alan Sladek and Jerrod Goff both are smooth talkers, but DO NOT TRUST them or Sandlin, and DO NOT TRUST your family's home to them.
I personally believe now that they say anything to get you into a vague contract that covers Sandlin well, but potentially really leaves the homeowner with problems and added expenses, as well as cut corners to keep Sandlin's prices down without telling you. I personally believe that Sandlin has lost it's reputation because of lies and not treating customers well. The home we are building (not with Sandlin now, luckily) is over $400K (not much to some, but a lot to others), and I do not think Sandlin knows how to bid or build a true custom home.
My warning to everyone, whether your home is $100K or $1,000,000, is RUN AWAY FROM SANDLIN and DO NOT TRUST any of them.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a new home from Shea, paying above market rates for upgrades. After the 10 year home warranty period we discovered wood rot in the deck, which we paid..."
- "It was recently discovered that my Standard Pacific home and all 37 homes built the same year have major structural water damage. At least 4 structural engineers have reported..."
- "I closed on a new construction Pulte home in Phoenix on August 2. On September 8 after morning rain, I discovered an area of 13'out from the patio is..."
- "I took a pretty expensive jacket with reflective striping on it to George Wood for embroidery. They sent it to their contractor who does this work for the, They are..."
- "My mortgage was sold off to this joke of a company over a year ago. They took forever to get automatic payments set up (I had to mail my..."
- "I got a free trial deal and was told I only had to pay for shipping && I got my pills ,but today $84.97 was taken off my card I..."
- "Ganer Mountain newnan horrible cust service. Was looking for a new pistol and had 1k cash to spend and came in at 9:45 only to be informed on what..."
- "Please some one help i bought 2 bedsets from farmingdale location in march 2015.king bed came without middle supporting legs. And missing night stand.call customers service like god 18 times.can..."
- "One Florida-based health system may be in some serious HIPAA hot water after one of its employee reportedly leaked and alledgedly sold over 900 medical records for patients who sought..."