Sandlin Custom Homes - Sandlin Homes is Dishonest---STAY AWAY!!!
My wife and I met with Sandlin Homes Build on Your Own Lot Program in early June 2012.They came across well, and the program seemed solid.
We were excited. A lot of house and amenities for the value. After getting several bids, we chose to go with Sandlin in late June 2012. We worked with Jerrod Goff.
He made continuous promises and commitments to us, but was never willing to put them in writing. Everytime we asked about things, he would lie and say he did not like to respond in writing because he was not a good writer. Mr. Goff, as a representative of Sandlin, even went so far as to explain to us that his job at Sandlin is to be a "professional BS-er." While I was taken back by the comment, he certainly lived up to it, and Sandlin supported him.
After months of my wife and I spending our time and energy, Mr. Goff still had not gotten us a contract. He blamed selection choices and his schedule on the delays, but from late June til early September, we were still unable to get Jerrod Goff to get us a final contract. We had lost 3 1/2 months to his lies.
He made so many promises to us, and simply told us to trust him, but he would never put in writing. After failing to get us a final contract or getting our permit turned in to the City (after his lies and emails saying it was done), we ended up letting them go. Alan Sladek, the VP, called me and said he wanted to earn our business. He seemed legitimate.
After my wife and I cooled down for a couple weeks, I took him up on the deal. He talked very smooth and promised he would "personally" handle things, but once again, he became uncomfortable putting the things that were promised to us in a written contract. After almost another week lost in working with Sandlin, he suddenly emails us out of the blue and says were the difficult ones, and he is not comfortable moving forward and that Sandlin did not wish to move forward. Alan Sladek and Jerrod Goff both are smooth talkers, but DO NOT TRUST them or Sandlin, and DO NOT TRUST your family's home to them.
I personally believe now that they say anything to get you into a vague contract that covers Sandlin well, but potentially really leaves the homeowner with problems and added expenses, as well as cut corners to keep Sandlin's prices down without telling you. I personally believe that Sandlin has lost it's reputation because of lies and not treating customers well. The home we are building (not with Sandlin now, luckily) is over $400K (not much to some, but a lot to others), and I do not think Sandlin knows how to bid or build a true custom home.
My warning to everyone, whether your home is $100K or $1,000,000, is RUN AWAY FROM SANDLIN and DO NOT TRUST any of them.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I placed nearly 5K down in form of check that was cashed 2 days later on vinyl siding job promised to be done by Christmas. Cash down was expected in..."
- "BEWARE - what you see in the model home is the quality that you will get. Model homes are built in 2 months tops, rushed and hurried with..."
- "So my wife and i bought this home in May of this year 2015 here in Charlotte NC. For the past few months we have had a lot of rain...."
- "I bought some green beans to find mold in it how nasty..."
- "We have a 4 BR home and I actually love seeing my electricity bill. We recommended 15 customers who gave them a try, and those bills are averaged each month,..."
- "This lady rear ended me on 12-14-12. I had to call the cops because she refused to provide me with her drivers license and proof of insurance. Once the police..."
- "Bought new Verizon Samsung Galaxy S7 with Lifeproof case. Went to register after getting back to office had to remove case to take photos of inside serial numbers of case...."
- "I have an unfortunately bad review of McKenney. As a matter of fact, whenever I get into my car, I literally think of McKenney and my sales person and..."
- "This past weekend I visited San Antonio for the first time with my family and as we're at the River walk we decide to go to Dicks Last Resort.It was..."